Tuesday 2 October 2012

Welcome to my books page

Hi, I'm John Hennessy. I'm a writer, and in 2011 my first book, The Essence of Martial Arts, was published. Even though it's only been out for a year,it's sold rather well for a martial arts book and, in my case, a first time writer. I learned a lot from the process, so if your aspiration is to be a writer, maybe my blog can offer you some tips.

I'm currently working on two follow up books, one about my first teacher, who had a great effect on me. The various publishers and editors I took my first book to, all agreed on one thing - that she was someone whose story should be told in a follow up book. So I'm working on that.

I try to write 5000 words a week, but this can vary wildly. Currently, I'm working on a re-draft of my first fantasy novel, which I wrote between December 2011 and May 2012.

There's another one too. It's a fantasy book as well, because, as much as I love martial arts, sometimes, it's great to step outside of that world and do something completely different. Expect more news as and when I have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment