Monday 15 April 2013

Just finished reading: Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake


Okay. Need to rest after reading this one. I blasted through the last 120 pages or so. I do still think you read it more carefully when it is the printed book rather than Kindle, so for authors I really love, I will get the printed book. I am still not sold on the whole Kindle thing!

Wow. A terrific read that balances the first book nicely. It was a very satisfying book, and I never expected it to be as godo as the first. If you take it as one whole volume, you have one hell of a story there.

Apart from Kendare's amazing way with words and descriptions, what''s really freaky is that there is a home, just like on the cover of Anna Dressed in Blood, close to my old junior school. I haven't been up there in years, but now I am tempted, just to see if Anna's there. God, I hope not.

I need to relax and recover from this one, then do a more detailed review. Good on you Kendare Blake. You've done it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment