Wednesday 2 October 2013

OT: (Off-Topic) Why Tesco are Losing Customers

Sometimes I will post things of interest to me that are not related to books or martial arts.

Take this latest news about Tesco, for example.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24361465

On two occasions in the last three years, I've been stopped by security guards because they thought I had items on me that I hadn't paid for.

Both times, I had my receipts, and was furious to be stopped. I mean, with guards watching your every move, and CCTV all over the place, you would think they would have reasons to stop you, right?

I know they are doing their job, and I do go round fast when I food shop (it's not my favourite experience).
But that doesn't mean I'm a thief.

It seems I am not alone in having heavy handed behaviour from Tesco.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2029808/Tesco-branded-shoplifter--happen-YOU.html

Surely they need to look at the systems they have in place, and the people executing those systems.

I would have still been annoyed if thee security guards had apologised, but apparently "Sorry, we have to check these things out" or "It's our job, hope you understand, really sorry to have made you feel upset"
is not something some Tesco security guards are taught to say, instructed to say, or feel they should say.

Tesco, I'm part of a growing band of people who won't be sorry if you lose more customers.



No comments:

Post a Comment